PREPARING FOR UNIVERSITY WORKSHOP SERIES
Grade 12 students, and Grade 11 students looking to apply to professional programs (such as medicine, law, dentistry, etc.)
Duration: a series of 6, 3-hour workshops
$97 per workshop or $497 for all 6! (20% off!)
Location: Coquitlam or Surrey Central
Starting to think about Post-Secondary School is a stressful time for students and parents alike. With so many things to worry about, it’s clear why this is considered one of the most overwhelming times of a students’ career. We strive to be the complete solution – from starting a portfolio to exploring academic programs to choosing courses and buying textbooks, our students will be prepared for every step of the journey.
- Discovering what program is for you
- Academic admissions requirements
- Making sure you have the courses and grades you need to get in
- Post-secondary application and scholarship deadlines
PREPARING YOUR PORTFOLIO
- Helping you find and participate in valuable volunteer and work experience
- Identifying your hard/soft skills
- Reference letters
University Applications Overview
- Supplemental forms
- Essay topic generation and review
- Step-by-step overview of the application
Scholarships, Student Loans and Budgeting
- Where to find scholarships
- How to know exactly what to write in scholarship applications to better your chances
- Overview of student loans
- Student loans application process
- How to budget, whether you’re working or not
Effective Writing Skills
- Skills to write essays effectively for University and Scholarship applications
- Practise writing a REAL scholarship application, and have it edited before submitting it.
The Grade 12 Blueprint
- Creating a plan and setting goals for your final year of high school will set a high standard for your transition into university:
- Study Skills
- Goal setting
- Scheduling/time management
Parents are invited!
Like all of our workshops and one-on-one coaching sessions, parents are welcome to join. Starting post-secondary school is a stressful time for the whole family, and having parents involved will smooth the process and take some of the stress off the student. We are committed to ensuring our workshops are simple, complete and accessible for all students – if you have any questions, please contact us.
Kick off the school year with the knowledge to get things done right!